Beans & Greens
- 1 bunch kale can substitute chard, turnip greens, etc
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 TBS Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes or more per preference
- 1 to 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups black eyed peas cooked (can substitute any dried beans)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Wash and drain the greens. Strip off the tough stems and tear leaves into 1/2" strips.
- Heal olive oil in a large skillet. Cook garlic and onions over medium high heat until limp. Add kale a little at a time, stirring until it wilts and turns bright green.
- Add the roasted sesame oil, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add black eyed peas to pan with greens and stir them around to heat thoroughly.
- Serve over brown rice or polenta. Enjoy!
- Nutrition information for 1 entree serving of Beans and Greens: 135 Calories, 6g Fat, 0.9g Saturated Fat, 25mg Sodium, 19g Carbohydrates, 5g Fiber, 4g Protein, 134% daily value Vitamin A, 14% daily value Calcium, 87% daily value Vitamin C, 9% daily value Iron.