Butternut Squash Pecan French Toast
- 1 cup milk dairy or unsweetened non dairy
- 2 TBS Non-Dairy Creamer
- 1 TBS flax seed meal mixed with 2 TBS water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- pinch cloves
- 2 1/2 cups stale bread cut into chunks
- 1 cup butternut squash peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- maple syrup for serving
- Prepare the crock of 1.5 quart slow cooker with canola or other oil to prevent sticking.
- Mix the milk, creamer, flax mixture and spices in a medium sized bowl. Add the bread and let sit for about 5 minutes until it has absorbed some of the liquids. Mix in butternut squash and pecans.
- Scrape mixture into the slow cooker and cook on low for 7-9 hours. Serve with Maple syrup.