- 1/2 can chickpeas well drained and rinsed
- 1 TBS plain yogurt soy or dairy per preference
- 1 tsp tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- as required whole wheat flour
- as required canola oil for shallow frying
- 1 spring onion chopped
- Drain and rinse the Chick Peas. Mash them in a bowl.
- Chop the spring onion finely. Add it to the bowl along with the yogurt, tomato paste, soy sauce or tamari, marjoram and breadcrumbs. Mix well and form into 3 burger patties.
- Spread a little flour on a plate. Turn the burgers in the flour so that the are coated on each side. Refrigerate them for about 30 minutes (longer if more convenient).
- Shallow fry the patties in a little canola oil until browned on both sides.
- Very tasty with a remoulade sauce.