Crock Pot Oatmeal for Two
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups skim milk (dairy or unsweetened non dairy milk)
- 1 small pear chopped
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- sweetener of choice
- canola oil for prepping crock pot
- Wipe crock or 1.5 Quart slow cooker with canola or other oil.
- Add all ingredients except sweetener to crock pot. Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- In the morning your kitchen will smell yummy and you will have a hearty and healthy breakfast waiting for you. Add sweetener and garnish with fresh berries per your preference.
- Variation: You could substitute apples for the pears.
- Nutritional information for 1 serving oatmeal without blueberries: 223 calories, 40 g Carbohydrates, 12 g protein, 5 g fiber, 1.9 g fat. Provides healthy dose of vitamins A & C, calcium and iron.