Crockpot Dried Beans
- 1 lb dried beans
- 6-8 cups water
- Rinse and sort the beans under cool, running water; removing any shriveled beans.
- Place beans in crock pot and cover with 7-8 cups of fresh cold water. Cover and soak for 6-8 hours ( while at work during the day or overnight)-- DO NOT turn crock pot on.
- Drain and rinse beans. Return to crock pot and cover with 7-8 cups of fresh water. Cook on low for 8 hours (while at work during the day or overnight). When tender use in your favorite recipe that requires beans.
- If you will not be using the entire pound of beans at once you can portion and freeze them in Ziploc** bags for future use.
- For planning: 1lb of dried beans yields about 7 cups of cooked beans. A 15 oz can holds a bit less than two cups. (or equivalent to 3 - 4 cans from 1 lb of dried beans)