Oats, Quinoa, and Fruit
- 1 ½ cups steel cut oats
- ½ cup quinoa rinsed
- 4 ½ cups water, milk, or milk alternative
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh or frozen fruit chopped apples, peaches, pears, berries, cherries, etc.
- For easy clean up, spray pan with non-stick spray.
- Add water or milk to pan. Bring to a boil and add the rest of the ingredients. Lower temperature to medium low and simmer on the stove, stirring frequently, until all of the liquid is absorbed, or about 20 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork, scoop into bowls and serve with any of your favorite garnishes or try one of these: toasted wheat germ, toasted nuts, a splash of milk or dollop of Greek yogurt. Enjoy!
- For easy clean up, spray Crock-Pot with non-stick spray.
- Combine the steel cut oats, rinsed quinoa, water or milk, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon into the slow cooker.
- Stir well and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Serve with any of your favorite garnishes or try one of these: toasted wheat germ, toasted nuts, a splash of milk or dollop of Greek yogurt. Enjoy!