Pear, Chickpea, Beet Stew
- 1 pear peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable broth low sodium
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 small golden beet diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp dried sage
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary or ½ tsp dried
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup fresh greens such as spinach, kale, or Swiss chard rinsed and chopped
- black pepper to taste
- Add everything except the greens and black pepper to the crock pot. Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- Thirty minutes prior to serving: Turn the crock pot to high, add the greens and cook until they are bright green. Season with black pepper to taste. Remove the Bay leaf.
- Serve over brown rice, quinoa or your favorite whole grain.