Quinoa Black Bean Pumpkin Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic diced
- 1 red chili pepper diced
- 3 cups pumpkin cubed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp powdered sugar
- ½ cup quinoa
- 20 oz black beans drained and rinsed
- 5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 avocado cubed
- handful cilantro chopped
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat and cook onion for a few minutes. Add garlic and red chili pepper and cook until aromatic.
- Add pumpkin and spices and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add 2 cups of the vegetable broth and quinoa. Bring a boil and cook for 5 minutes before adding the remaining vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add beans and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Served garnished with cilantro, avocado and lime juice. Enjoy!