Quinoa Fruit & Nut Snack Bar
- 1 cup quinoa flakes I used Ancient Harvest Brand
- 1 cup almonds whole
- 1/4 cup coconut unsweetened, dried
- 1 cup dried apple
- 1 cup dried apricots unsulphered
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/8 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup dried cranberries I used juice sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 ounces dark chocolate pieces I used Green & Black's Organic 85% Dark Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Mix desiccated coconut and quinoa flakes, spread on a baking sheet and bake for up to 10 minutes until lightly golden. Allow to cool.
- Once cool, place coconut and quinoa mixture in food processor and add all of the dried fruits,nuts,seeds and chocolate. Process until finely chopped. While the motor is still running pour in the juice until it starts to come together.
- Line 9 x 13" baking dish with baking paper. Transfer mixture from food processor to baking sheet and press down evenly and firmly. If desired, sprinkle over some extra sunflower and pumpkin seeds and press those down as well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight .
- After it has refrigerated overnight, slice into 18 snack size bars and wrap each piece in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator. Great for packing lunch-boxes or grabbing an easy travel snack.
- Once wrapped, these tasty snack bars freeze well for about 1 month.
- Nutrition info for Quinoa Fruit & Nut Snack bars when cut into 18 bars: 142 calories, 5.2 grams fat, 1.1 gram saturated fat, 6.3 mg sodium, 23 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 13 grams sugar, 3.3 grams protein. 6% Vitamin A, 6% Vitamin C, 6% Iron.