Sherry Shallot Vinaigrette
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups shallots chopped
- 2 cups sherry vinegar can sub white wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- to taste kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat small saucepan over high heat
- Add 2 TBS oil and allow to get very hot
- Add shallots and cook until very brown
- Add sherry vinegar and reduce by 3/4, simmering for at least 10 minutes
- Remove from heat and allow shallots to cool.
- Carefully transfer shallots to food processor.
- Add water and mustard, secure lid and process until smooth
- While food processor running slowly pour oil into bowl and process until incorporated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper