Summer Vegetable Soup
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 cup Yukon Gold potato chopped
- 1 ½ cups fresh okra chopped
- 3-4 large fresh tomatoes peeled & chopped (or substitute (1) 14.5oz can of no salt added tomatoes)
- 2 cups cabbage or kale chopped
- 1-2 cups fresh or frozen beans ex. lima beans, pink eyed peas, crowder peas
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 14.5oz can no salt added tomato sauce
- low sodium vegetable broth or water (to cover vegetables)
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot, Saute onions, carrots and garlic over medium heat until tender-about 5 minutes.
- Add everything else to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer on low, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are tender.
- Before serving, add water or broth to thin as needed.
- Saute onions, carrots and garlic over medium heat until tender-about 5 minutes.
- Add sauteed onion, garlic and carrot along with everything else to the slow cooker and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- Before serving, add water or broth to thin if necessary.