Tempeh Sloppy Joes
- 16 oz tempeh crumbled
- 6 rolls
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion finely chopped
- 1 cup multicolor bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 15 oz canned tomato sauce no salt added
- 2 tbsp tomato paste no salt added
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp chili powder no salt added
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- black pepper to taste
- Make the Sauce: In a bowl mix tomato sauce, tomato paste, dijon mustard, molasses, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, chili powder, smoked paprika, cayenne and black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion,bell peppers, garlic and corn; cook until softened. Add crumbled tempeh and cook until lightly browned.
- Add sauce to pan with tempeh and vegetables. Cook, uncovered, over medium low heat until sauce begins to thicken. Stir often.
- Spoon onto rolls, top with a pickle and serve with cole slaw, sweet potato fries or any other tasty side... Just remember the napkins. Sloppy Joe's are, well SLOPPY!