Tofu, Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry
- 1 large sweet potato cooked and diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red chili white membranes and seeds removed (optional)
- 1–2 tsp fresh ginger minced or grated
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 lb firm tofu drained and diced
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas (or 1 can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 14.5oz can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- cooked brown rice to server
- Prior to prepping the curry: Bake or microwave the sweet potato(es) in their skin until done but still firm. Once cool, peel and dice.
- Combine onion and olive oil in a large pot. Sauté over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic, chili pepper, fresh ginger and 1 tsp of the curry powder. Stir and continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Add diced tofu, chickpeas, tomatoes, diced sweet potatoes, lite coconut milk and the other 1 tsp of curry powder to the pot.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes. Add greens, stir to mix and continue cooking until the greens wilt slightly.
- Serve over brown rice or your favorite whole grain.