Cilantro Jicama Fiesta Slaw
- 4 cups shredded lettuce or red cabbage
- 1/2 cup jicama thinly sliced
- 1 orange peeled, and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp jalapeño deseeded and diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds toasted
- 1 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar or lime juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or per preference
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise or vegan alternative
- Shred, slice, chop all of the veggies. I used a food processor to shred the cabbage and slice the Jicama.
- Combine the cabbage, jicama, orange pieces, orange zest, onion & jalapeno in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the olive oil, tahini, cider vinegar (or lime juice), cilantro,maple syrup, cayenne and mayonnaise (if using it). Stir until thoroughly mixed. If there is any reserved juice from the orange, you could add it to the dressing.
- Toss the veggies with the dressing until veggies are well coated. You can toss in the pumpkin seeds at this time or save and use them as a garnish to keep their crunch, either way would be good.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.