Overnight Kale Salad
- 3 tbsp champagne or other white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp shallots finely minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 bunches (about 1 lb) dinosaur or curly kale center ribs and stems removed, leaves torn into small pieces
- ⅓ cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano Cheese grated (optional, high in sodium)
- 2 tbsp walnuts or pistachios toasted
- Whisk together vinegar, shallot, honey, olive oil and pepper.
- Toss kale in dressing to coat evenly. (The dressing will seem light, but the kale will wilt down to half its volume.)
- Transfer kale to a lidded container or Ziploc bag and refrigerate overnight. To serve, divide kale among plates and top with pomegranate seeds, grated cheese, and walnuts or pistachios.